Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday, Beautiful Sunday

This morning we made the decision to join our church.
A rather quick decision really. It was the time of invitation and prayer. Those who wanted could go up to the front of the church and talk with the Pastor or pray or accept Christ or join the church. I leaned over to Russ and said, "Do you want to join this church?" He looked confused, he thought I meant later or like I just wanted to know in general. Then I made a motion to go up the isle to talk with Bro. Ricky and then he got it, he said "now?" and I said sure! No time like the present right?
Anyway, we have been going for the last 3 weeks or so and we hadn't been members of a church since we left Washington really, so I thought it was time. It just felt right. Everyone is so nice there and I like their music:-) The pastor is funny, the sermons are short, and I always leave feeling great. So Im excited:-) I want my kids to grow up in a church like that. A small but happy church.

They also have one of my favorite passages hanging on the wall in the church. When we are in church I must read it 20 times while we are there. I just love it.

"No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you white as wool.
Isaiah 1:18

I also think this one is fitting for my day:

Hebrews 10:25
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.



Blog Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails