Thursday, August 13, 2009

5:16 club






Ephesians 5:16 says, "making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

Good Morning!

Iv been getting up early all this week and I have to say, although those first few moments are almost unbearable, once I get ready for the day and make that first cup of coffee, I feel happy to face another day.
Go Here to join the club!

Today I decided I would post the thing that inspired me this morning.
This hit me were it hurt this morning. I read it and thought "this is exactly what I did this week to my girls." Everything under the sun was more important then stopping to talk or laugh with my kids. And that isn't right people!
Im planning this years home school curriculum and schedule this week and also the garden. So everytime my girls had something they wanted from me, it was like "not right now, Mommy's busy". But the silly thing is that the things Im doing are really for them, but they can't see that. They certainly won't remember it like that later either. They are the one who are the most important to me, my family comes right after God. I would never put God aside to do other things.
Or wait would I?
We all would like to think that we always put God first (same with our Family) but when we get caught up in "doing" we forget to stop and pay attention to who we are really "doing" for.
Housework, laundry, gardening, homeschooling, cooking...those are all things that are an important part of my daily family life, but they are not what my life is all about. I must remember to focus on whom Im really living and loving. Instead on focusing on all the "doing".




Blog Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails