Friday, July 31, 2009

Dog days of Summer





Life has been lazy around here lately, mostly because of the heat. Although this week we have had a few storms that have given us much needed rain. What a blessing!

Tomorrow we are building nesting boxes for my chickens. They are quickly approaching that age when they will start laying some tasty eggs!
Im so excited.
Although I have to admit my anxiety when it comes to letting them out to free range out of their coop. I know they are plenty old enough and they probably will go back to their coop at night as chickens do, but I still worry. Plus we have tons of predators out here. But again I think they are big enough to fend for themselves.

Lets see in other news, its time for school shopping. But unlike those who send theirs off to school outside the house and don't have to buy anything but clothes and pencils, we have to pick the curriculum. And there is so much of it out there!
I think we are going with Math u see for her mathematics this year. But for everything else we are still deciding.

I found this book on Amazon and Im going to purchase it for Madi. Although she is still much to young for any strict schedule for homeschooling. I think this might give me some good ideas for her while Cheyenne is doing her schoolwork.

Otherwise all is well in out little part of the world!

Ever wonder what the phrase "dog days of summer" means? Click to find out.


Blog Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails