Friday, March 6, 2009

I feel the need to purge...

Not like that, I love food to much to ever deliberately throw up:-)

But seriously I have this urge every few months, mostly with the changing of the seasons, to clean, organize and get rid of stuff.

So last night we took a ridiculous amount of stuff to the goodwill. Two extra large (yard waste size) bags FULL of clothes, a monitor, a stereo, toys, books, lots of stuff. Stuff that we don't use, don't wear, Im not even sure why we have the stuff. Some of the clothes I gave away I kept hanging onto just in case, maybe Ill wear it, I might find something to match it....whatever the excuse.
And we also went to Target and purchased a bookcase. The kids have a ton of books and so do we, this is great, but annoying when you don't have enough storage.
So I organized the books this morning.
This afternoon's task is to go through all of Cheyenne's toys and get rid of (probably half) some to the Goodwill. Her birthday is coming in May. Its amazing how much stuff my kids collect. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that we have such a large family with so many generous people, but it gets a little overwhelming sometimes.
My child cannot keep her room clean, not for lack of trying. Its because she has too much stuff for a 4 year old to take care of. In our home we put a huge emphasis on respect for each other and the things we care about. How can a child really care about and take care of 13 baby dolls? I mean really.
So hopefully by the time we get done today I will have a much more organized house, and my kids will have the toys they love and room to play with them. And a much easier time at picking things up.

Matthew 6:19-20

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal"

2 comments:

  1. Great post. We just did that here last week, and I love all the extra space we have gained. And I hear ya on the baby dolls. We gave half of them away along with doll clothes and fake food for the playkitchen. The playroom was always a wreck. Mommy & The Girls were overwhelmed. How many plastic bananas etc. do you really need? lol Now cleaning is a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been doing the same thing over here too. It feels so good afterwards. Even if it gets all messy again. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails