Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday




I recently read a post about the struggle to make Sunday the day of rest. The Sabbath day. Keeping that day Holy is difficult. Especially for Mom.
Between cleaning, cooking and caring for your family were does a loving Mom get her rest in?
Well here is what works for me.

1. Make Sunday meals simple. One pot meal for the big meal, rather that be Lunch or Supper. Also known as Dinner and supper 'round these parts:)
The crock pot is my best friend on Sundays. Chili is the one thing that seems to work the best. You can throw in in the morning, it will be ready by the time you get home from Church and you can do a variety of things with it. Chili dogs, Frito pie, or just keep it simple and serve it with some crackers.

2. To reduce dishes...use paper. I know not very fancy,but we are looking to reduce our work load here!

3. Dress simply. Keep you clothes and your kids clothes easy. Casual dress but no jeans is usually the rule for me and my kids. And I stay away from things that need to be ironed, and if it does I do it the night before. Plus lay the clothes out the night before so your not searching through the closets that morning. Oh and let the kids dress themselves if at all possible!

4. Because we are a home school family and get to do whatever makes us happy:) LOL
We do a 4 day school week and leave Mondays as our chill day. Another words Monday is the day mommy catches up on the things that didn't get done on Sundays. The girls usually do crafts and art, watch movies and play on Mondays.

5. Keep things in perspective. I know for me I can look around the house by Sunday afternoon and just be disgusted at the amount of mess there is. I mean I just cleaned yesterday! But really its because my house gets lived in, the kids play, we eat, we hang out together and focus on our family and the Lord on Sundays not rather or not the kitchen is clean.

And it works for me!
Blog Sig

2 comments:

  1. You have great ideas; I've often wondered myself how I'm supposed to squeeze in a day of rest when there is always so much to do.

    Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with keeping the Sabbath also. I stay busy all day with house work and church work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails