Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Recipes

We are headed to my MIL for the Family Thanksgiving dinner this year. Here's what Im bringing to the party.


Pioneer Woman's Peach Crisp. This was my husband's request. I told him good luck finding fresh peaches this time of year. But he is determined!


Libby's Pumpkin Pie. Because its really the best! Especially when you add freshly made whipped cream!


And my favorite...Apple Pie. Which I don't have a recipe to share. Its all in my head, every time I make it I tell myself to write it down, and then the apples and cinnamon and sugar and dough all over take me and I forget!


Sweet Potato Casserole. I use this recipe with some of the changes that are mentioned in the reviews, like reducing the sugar a bit and I also still add the marshmallow along side the pecan topping like the picture above shows.


Im also bringing a basic salad and some potato skins as a appitizer. I hope to be eating around noon. We are going to try to visit some other family that afternoon, but we will see how things go. My MIL just had major surgery last week so Im not sure how much she will be up for. Having 6 grand kids running around all under the age of 7, 3 under the age of 3 will were on her Im sure.

Well I do hope everyone has a wonderful week and may your hearts and home be full of divine blessings on this Thanksgiving!

Blog Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails