Monday, August 23, 2010

Lists, To Do's, Planning....

So I think instead of nesting in this pregnancy, I'm listing;)
I have this insatiable need to make al sorts of lists. Calenders, to do's, schedules, plans. But this is a good thing...well actually its a great thing! Because for me there is nothing more satisfying then marking off a item on my to do list!!
So although I don't have the urge to nest (just yet) I have a list of nesting items on my to do (in fact I have a 8 week schedule of tasks, it started today)and each item I get to mark off is so one more way I can prepare for Baby:)

One list I have and will be starting to check off is a freezer meal plan.
Here are some things that I will be cooking and freezing for after baby's arrival.
Seasoned taco meat
Meat Loaf
Chicken and Dumplings
Potato Soup
Mashed potatoes
Meat ball marinara
Chili
Chocolate chip cookies (for the holidays of course)
Banana nut bread
Blueberry muffins
Pancakes
Chocolate chip butterhorns
pie crusts (again for the holidays)
And I'm stocking up on things like frozen veggies, shredded cheese (it freezes great in small portions), canned items such as refried beans.
Anyway, that is just the start of my list, I "plan" on having a month worth of meals, plus some extras premade for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Oh yeah I'm also addressing Christmas cards this week!

Proverbs 19:14, says, "House and wealth are an inheritance from fathers, BUT A PRUDENT WIFE IS FROM THE LORD."
Im sure Big Daddy will appreciate all the meal prep when baby is here, after all I know I'll be spending my time feeding baby and not cooking in the kitchen:)

Blog Sig

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through Women Living Well and have just started wandering around... I was wondering if you have any particular tips or instructions for making meals for freezing. I have never done it before but would like to and I honestly have no clue where to start, what can and can't be frozen, how far into the cooking the meal you go before you freeze it to finish and eat later, etc. Any help you could offer would be great!
    Thanks. :o)
    Carly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails